Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Four Weeks Already??? And New Digs!

I can't believe it's been over four weeks now that we've had our chicken babies. They are growing so nicely and are getting their big girl legs. They have adjusted quite well to life in their ChickNBarn/Run home.


They now have an expanded pen for the daytime. I finished the last of the panels and door on Tuesday and the chicks are very happy to have more room to run and play and graze. Wonder how long the grass in the new area will last??


I remember as a teenager having a dove cote that I could walk into and spend time with the birds. It was one of my favorite things to do - just to sit and watch them. I've rediscovered that joy with my chickens now that I have a pen large enough to stand in easily. These chickens are good therapy given the difficulties we've had lately with our oldest son's hospitalization. It doesn't do well for me to have too much idle time to think these days, so staying busy with working on the chicken pen has been a very good thing for me!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Thanks for all the helpful ideas and info. I have been wanted to build a similar coup for awhile now but was lacking ideas. Now I'm ready to start putting some plans in action.