Wednesday, August 29, 2007

3 Weeks and a New Run Project


The chicks are doing great outside and still growing amazingly fast. They are starting to completely feather out now, and have tiny combs starting to grow on their heads. I've missed having them in the building though, as I can't really get to them in their ChickNBarn and run. The run is too low, and I'm not comfortable letting them out in the yard yet as they can still fit through the chain link fence. Also, Daisy Dog is not happy about the chickens - I think she wants to see how they taste!


So, I'm now in the process of building a 6' high run for them so the chicks can have more space to roam in safety. I'm making it from panels, so I can move and reconfigure as needed. I have one panel done.... now if I can just get the rest made inbetween work, homework, phone calls and kids...

No comments: